Orange County Democratic Women
Changing the Face of Politics One Woman at a Time
STATE, COUNTY AND LOCAL CANDIDATES
OCDW ENDORSEMENT QUESTIONNAIRE 2019
**Complete and return prior to JULY 15, 2019
Preferred Mailing Address
Name of campaign committee and mailing address:
Campaign manager contact:
Elective position you are seeking
Party lines on which you are running (list all)
Are you seeking other lines? (List all)
List any previous candidacies for elective office (office, year and election outcome)
To be considered for an endorsement by Orange County Democratic Women return the completed form NO LATER than July 1, 2019
Save the completed document as a pdf and attach it to your email. Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org Or: Snail Mail to: OCDW, c/o Freiband, 50 Elmwood Drive, Highland Mills, NY 10930
Please attach a resume along with any copies of campaign literature, press releases or other news of your campaign you think would be useful.
I. Campaign Planning and Organization ORANGE COUNTY DEMOCRATIC WOMEN 50 ELMWOOD DRIVE, HIGHLAND MILLS, NY 10930 914-263-5816 OCDWPRES@GMAIL.COM
1. Do you have a written campaign plan? Describe.
2. What is the approximate number of votes you need to win your race?
3. Briefly describe the target audiences important to your election and your plan to reach them.
4. How much money do you plan to raise?
5. Briefly describe your financial plan.
6. Provide your campaign Facebook address so we can “Like”
7. Do you have a Twitter account for us to follow? Provide your Twitter handle.
II. Issues and Positions
1. YOUR CAMPAIGN - List the 3 main issues in your campaign.
2. NATIONAL Y/Ne appointment of liberal pro choice judges to the Supreme Court?
c. Do you want to preserve Medicare?
3. STATE Y/N
a. Do you support banning of hydrofracking?
b. Do you support marriage equality rights?
c. Do you support the Gender Non-Discrimination Act?
d. Do you support funding for Planned Parenthood?
e. Do you support legal abortion?
f. Do you support Medicaid abortion?
g. Do you support the Safe Act and bans on assault weapons?
h. Do you have comments about school funding?
4. ORANGE COUNTY
a. What has the current administration done that you think is good?
b. What has the current administration done that you think is not good?
c. What 3 issues should Democrats make as their priority in Orange County?
d. Briefly describe how you think Democrats can positively affect Countywide, regional planning and zoning issues.
e. Do you think Orange County government has had adequate oversight regarding the land fill? If no, what would you recommend?
f. What comments do you have about environmental, water, traffic, or County tax issues?
III. Message for Voters
1. In 3 sentences, tell us why people should vote for you?
2. What do you want people to know about you?
3. What do you want people to know about your opponent?
4. What do you think you opponent will say about you?
1. Why are you running for this particular office?
2. Name the biggest issues in your electoral district and your positions & plans concerning them.
3. What do you have to offer that sets you apart from your competitor(s)?
4. What are you going to say when someone asks shy they should vote for you?